Friday, July 20, 2007

Swimsuit


In an earlier post I was lamenting about how I had been to 17 stores looking for a bathing suit for Sparkle. Well, I just wanted to update you all on the final outcome.

The next weekend we took another shopping adventure and visited 4 more stores. The last store was Sears at Colonial Park. I have never been in this Sears in my life and I'm not sure what made me walk in, but we did. You probably know that Sears carries Lands End merchandise now. I've always seen it just mixed in with their regular items. But at this Sears they had an entire section devoted to nothing but Lands End clothing for kids, men and women.

They had several bathing suits but none in Sparkle's size or to her taste. However, I did spot a tankini in the back in her size. Now we weren't crazy about the design but I asked her to try it on just to check the size. My thought was that if it fit, we would just go online and order one in her preferred color.

IT FIT LIKE A GLOVE!! We both stood with our mouths agape at how every aspect of this suit was perfect. After doing a happy dance in the dressing room, we hurried home and ordered a suit via Internet.

The suit arrived a few days later and Sparkle has been in swimsuit heaven since then. I'm still amazed at how great the fit is compared to the countless others that weren't even close.


So I told her that we will never visit 21 stores again looking for a bathing suit. We will simply log on to Lands End (or check our Sears first) and order the next one.

2 comments:

Promises said...

I love the swimsuit - it is definitely modest and cute at the same time! Congrats on your find!

Six in the Mix said...

I always order from Land's End. They have the best decent suits for women too.