Thursday, August 10, 2006

Round 2

I know I've promised to inspire and encourage other moms through this blog but I may have to refund your money today. If you read this yesterday, you know that I had a rough day with Brown Sugar. Well, today was no different except she had a new trick up her sleeve. And I never, ever saw it coming.

Now, before I get into the gory details, let me say that Brown Sugar is usually one of the most delightful 4 year olds you'll ever meet. She says the darndest things...a lot. She's usually quiet, very well behaved and a breeze to parent. If she ever gets in trouble it's usually because she's been pushed into it by her older sister. Friends love to have her come to their houses because, well, she's a complete joy.

Back to today. Well, I just wrote and deleted all the gory details. Honestly, I don't want to bore you. Let's just say it included 3 temper tantrums, numerous spankings, a few hours of the Chinese water torture, and putting her in bed at 6:30 pm tonight.

Oh...and yes, one other incident. She pee-peed in her closet. Yes, my sweet cup of Brown Sugar took off her shorts and her panties and sat down in her sister's closet and pee-peed on the floor. With great pride in her accomplishment, she willingly and joyfully told me all about it.

If I was a bettin' woman, I would have lost my life savings because I would've never, ever predicted that she would've purposely done such a thing. Never. Ever. But she did.

And, unfortunately, tomorrow is another day that I'm just not ready to face yet. What will be next? Will my Brown Sugar ever return to me? Is this the start of a new phase or just a blip on the radar? And will I survive to see another birthday!!

Only God knows and I think it's better that way.

No comments: