Sunday, July 09, 2006

Let's Celebrate

As I was reading Shannon's post, I was reminded how we are all uniquely gifted individuals. I use to wish I had other's people's talents. I mean, who wouldn't want to be able to sing like my friends Patty and Julie. Or, I'd love to be able to create something from nothing like Becky. But I can't do either. And that's okay.

Think what our lives would be like if we all had the exact same talents. We wouldn't need anyone else. We're all uniquely gifted because that causes us to rely on each other. We need each other.

I know that if I want help redecorating a room I call on Stephanie, if I want a new recipe I talk to B.J. and if I need help balancing my checkbook I call on my hubby. I love to see how God has creatively wired people to do amazing things. I want to celebrate all that He's put in others, not compete with it.

Plus, sharing our lives with others is much more fun than being a lone ranger! So, if you ever need a room or closet organized, give me a call! They're my specialty.

tag: Motherhood

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link--I'm honored! And yes, what would we do without our sisters in Christ?

Sarah said...

Boomama directed me here--I love all the helpful tips! We just made an 18 hour trip this past weekend with our three children, all four years old and under. I wish I'd found your site with the link to MomsMinivan.com first!