Thursday, August 31, 2006

You've Got to Try This

I had the pleasure of visiting a new restaurant in Harrisburg yesterday! I stumbled across it by accident, but I think you'll agree that once you experience it you'll be making it a regular part of your routine.

Here's some of the highlights:
  • Decor is welcoming and cozy, a mix of contemporary and retro. Sage green walls are accented with earthtones and wood trim. The chairs are silver trimmed in wood and some tables are bar height.
  • Free WIFI.
  • Color washed artwork in black frames that looks really sharp on the sage green walls.
  • Corian counters in all areas, even bathrooms.
  • Open one month
  • Attentive and friendly staff.
  • Clean. Clean. Clean Even had an employee with ladder, cleaner and rag in the parking lot cleaning the directional signs.
  • Music playing ranged from Classical to Jazz to Oldies.
  • A large and open play area for the kids that featured a 4 story play tower. Kids walked up ramps that were actually climbing walls to get to each level. Slide on top level.
  • Three wall mounted computer screens in play area for tweens (and moms!) that have a ton of word, math, strategy, sports, and trivia games to play.
  • Air hockey table also in play area.
  • Drink center in play area so you can keep your cups full without leaving the kids.
  • Automatic doors into play area so you don't have to juggle diaper bag, food, and kids opening a door.

And, let me just say that I've been to other restaurants of the same name before but I have NEVER had a dining experience like this. It was just me and the 3 kids and we stayed over an hour because we were having such a pleasant time.

So, do you want to know what this little gem is called? McDonald's.

As my 4-year-old would say, "I'm SERIOUS." McDonald's.

It is located on 22E, about where Jonestown Road turns into Allentown Blvd. It's about 1/2 mile past the Target shopping area, on your left, across from the Hess Station.

Yes, I know what you're thinking. That did use to be a dirty, dingy, scary McDonald's and it did not have a PlayPlace. You're right. But they tore the old one down and built this brand new one that has been open just one month.

It's almost like a panel of moms helped to design this one. They thought of everything that would help to make a mom's life easier. I don't know if this is the new design of McDonald's everywhere, but if so, you can call me a McFan.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

tag: Places to Visit

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm Western PA, a bit far for such a treat. :) Maybe it will work really well aand they will use the same stratedgy here.

Ran into your site at Boomama's. Adding you to my bloglines.