Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday

I know many of you are new to the blogging world. If you're like me, you've discovered a wealth of great blogs that you are trying to zip around to every day and check. Maybe several times a day. Well, let me help make your life easier!

Right now, I'm tracking about 47 different blogs, but it only takes me a few minutes each day. Instead of visiting each of those sites individually, I take advantage of Really Simple Syndication (RSS) so I can scan only the new posts and ignore the sites where I know nothing has been updated.

It's really simple. In fact, let me show you how you can subscribe to this blog.

1. Sign up for a "newsreader." I use Bloglines. NewsGator, Firefox, Yahoo! and Google are also good ones.

2. Copy my site's URL--http://http://momnaction.blogspot.com/rss.xml -- into your newsreader and, Voila!, you've just subscribed to my site.

You can also just click on the "Subscribe with Bloglines" button that is found at the bottom of my left column. It will take you straight to Bloglines and you simply hit the "subscribe" button.

And that is a huge time saver that works for me. Visit Shannon at http://www.rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/ for over 100 more great tips and ideas.

tag: Works for Me Wednesday

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to look into that. It seems like almost every day I am finding new blogs to read. :)

Mama Duck said...

I love Bloglines, and I have it only show the updated feeds, I can keep up with so many blogs that I would otherwise forget to visit or spend all day going thru them all looking for new posts. Wonderful idea! Our tip is up and we're also hosting the Carnival of the Vanities today - busy day in duck-land!

Overwhelmed! said...

I really need to do this! Thanks for the instructions. :)

Thanks also for your comment on my WFMW creating blogging categories post. Good luck on getting categories set up on your blog!

If you're so inclined, stop by this coming Friday and participate in my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange! :)

Anonymous said...

I do hope this means you did not wake up crabby to take care of my adopted grandchildren.
Blogging at 1:47 am. INDEED!