Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday Munchies - Roasted Potatoes

I like simple and easy. And I want it to taste good too. Here is a recipe that I believe fits these qualifications.

12-14 red potatoes
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 - 1 tsp salt (we've been cutting down on salt)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp pepper

Note: I've also thrown 1/2 tsp rosemary into the mix. What I love about this recipe is that you can add/delete spices depending on the season or the dish that this is complimenting. Regardless of how we've changed it around, it has always been good.

1. Clean potatoes and peel a strip of skin from each
2. Place in ungreased baking dish.
3. Combine oil, butter and seasonings in a bowl and drizzle over potatoes
4. Bake uncovered 350 for one hour, turning the potatoes every 15 minutes.

No comments: