Thursday, January 08, 2009

The Luxury of a Break

My last two days have been anything but normal. It's amazing how an early dismissal on one day and then a two hour delay on the next really changes the daily routine...especially when we are just getting into that again.

But today...today things are a bit more orderly. Yes, I have a pile of paperwork that I will be going through but the dishes are done, a load is in the washer and basic living spaces are straightened. There is still a lot of work to get done but I'm working on what I can when I can and recognizing that is important to take some breaks in between. Which is what I am doing right now. Break time with a yummy mug filled with delicious Colombian coffee.

Now that I have joined many of you in the digital world with my camera, let me show you two things that are part of my break today.

#1 The snowman mug that Jeter gave me for Christmas

#2 The coffee maker that Simms got for Christmas but it is really for me. If that's confusing, you can read the explanation at my corner.



Well...my mug is almost empty. Break time is over. Time for some water while I hit the paperwork.

Please ignore the shadows in the pictures above. I know sometimes photographers will work with shadows but I don't know how to do that. I need to learn more about taking photos and my camera. Crazy thing is I didn't see a shadow until the picture was taken. Maybe the flash? Oh come on, it's not like all of you are professionals out there either. There is hope for me though - and you too. I am planning of learning some good hints and tips at MIA's meeting next Tuesday when Anne Katherine joins us. Mark your calendars and join me.


2 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

Ooooh, I think I have coffee maker envy :)

Unknown said...

Benjamin got a similar coffee maker for Christmas and is enjoying his 'perfect cup of coffee' also. I'll do my best to help with the shadows. My guess is your flash was the culprit. You'd probably have to ask a professional coffee maker photographer though.... I just do kids. ;o)