Friday, December 19, 2008

Last Minute Gift Idea for The Men In Your Life

For the young and old alike this book is a great gift for guys. It was given to us this week by a friend of mine from NY. We go back to college days. Now granted my three boys are your typical all boy kind of boys so this was just the gift for them. It is authored by the co-founder of the Boys Scouts of America. It is chocked full of classic boyishly fun activities. There was even a tussle in our house between my sons and their father as they clamored to claim the newly acquired prize. My husband just loved it.

It has chapters on knot tying,  boating. fishing, snowball forts and the list goes on. Their favorite chapter of course was Chapter 3 Snow Houses. I guess they are getting inspired for our first real snow.

It was first published in 1882 and now recently republished but they kept the original sketches and details. It is just a unique and classic book. So if you have any guys in your family you might just want to run out and take a look. I highly recommend this for any boy 7 & up and I mean up. This coming from a mom with 4 men in my life.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I think I need to study this book so that I can do cool things with my boy when he gets older.