Thursday, October 02, 2008

Bow Your Heads for a Moment of Silence

I took a quick trip to the Gettysburg Outlets today with Say Anything where we learned about the demise of two of our friends.

Yes, it is with GREAT sadness that I tell you that all of the Geoffrey Beene and Pfaltzgraff Outlet stores are going out of business.

(Take your time. I'll give you a minute to collect yourself)

Geoffrey Beene hopes to have all stores closed by Christmas. Right now their entire store is 70% off and the pickings are getting slim. Although I did score a great pair of trouser jeans that were regularly $49 for $14. The only items you'll be able to purchase after December are men's Geoffrey Beene dress shirts in department stores.

For Pfaltzgraff, you'll still be able to purchase online. But that's the only place. They are running a liquidation sale right now that will get you between 20-60% off. I'm not sure when they plan on officially closing.

It's a dark day in American retail. I'm sure it's not the last.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What does it say, "Mourn with those who mourn"? I'm very sorry for your loss.