Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Where's the Super Nanny When You Need Her?

A couple of weeks ago a New York socialite placed an ad on Craig's List for a nanny for her four children. The request wasn't unusual, but the ad itself has caused quite a stir. Here are some excerpts:

I am not looking for Supernanny. I don’t want someone who has a lot of theories on the right way to raise kids. If you are fundamentally unhappy with your life, you will be more unhappy if you take this job. If you suspect all wealthy women are frivolous, we are not for you. I do not want to hide my occasional Bergdorf shopping bag.

If you are the type who doesn’t notice crumbs on the table, skip to the next post, because crumbs are a deal breaker.

I have all sorts of theories on how to stack my dishwasher, and if you are judgmental about Ritalin for ADHD, or think such things are caused by too much sugar, again, deal-break city.

I can be a tad difficult to work for. I'm loud, pushy and while I used to think we paid well, I am no longer sure. I work from home, so you get the pleasure of being hounded by me all day long. and, you get to pretend to like me, because i am deeply sensitive.

An article in the NYT chronicled this woman's journey for a nanny, which she did find by the way, that will probably you many giggles. In case you thought it sounded like a job for you, you'll be sorry to learn, that the job has been filled.

For now.

2 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

I'm cracking up. This post has a whole new meaning as I face leaving the care and maintenance of my Gang into the (I'm sure very capable and loving) hands of my MIL. She's a housekeeping whiz, so I'm feeling a bit intimidated by all my dirt and grime that has been piling up since we started adoption travel plans :(

Anonymous said...

Love it. I guess it's good to know what you are getting into. How many people wish their boss had just told it like it is when they interviewed??