Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm Still Alive

I'm just checking in from...the ice machine room. Yes, the hotel we're staying at has their guest computer located in the same room as the ice machine. Very strange.

We're still on vacation and slowly making our way back toward the Keystone State. I'm actually starting to yearn to see a few mountains, construction zones and lower priced gas. You would not believe how much the people in the midwest are paying for gas!!!! Let's just say we can get gas cheaper on the turnpike than we've paid over the last 11 days.

I'm also anxious to get back to my Sleep Number Bed. I've slept awful pretty much every night and I know it's because I don't have a 35-40 bed. It also could be because Junior has started having night terrors. Or because it doesn't get dark out here until 9:30-10:00PM.

Sadly, I don't really have anything interesting to say. I just wanted you to know I'm still alive but still not home. Not that any of you have been worried about my whereabouts, especially since I had auto-posted stuff for all last week so you probably didn't even know I was sitting in a cornfield drinking iced tea. I'm not sure what happened to this week. Either I ran out of things to auto-post or I didn't think we'd be gone this long. Honestly, last week was so long ago that I don't even remember...I think it was a little bit of both. But when you have a husband with no job then you are prey to just throwing caution to the wind and having no set schedule.

Speaking of above-mentioned husband, he got a job offer yesterday and expects another one tomorrow. We're thinking about flipping a coin to see which one he should take. Seriously, offers are polar opposites of each other so I'm not sure how we're going to sort it all out. Oh, and did I mention the one company wants an answer by Friday. So you might keep us in prayer on this one.

Gosh, I don't even have any great Junior stories to share. In fact, The Back Door and my other blog-addicted cousin were very disappointed that Junior was the perfect child at the family reunion. I guess they were expecting him to dump the bowl of egg salad on his head or jump in the nearby crik. Instead, he just sat demurely in my lap like a wet noodle while they shared their favorite Junior-fiasco story. If truth be told, I think they suspect that I may make up all my Junior stories just for the ratings. Seriously. He was that boring. I think the closest we got to entertainment is when he picked his nose.

Maybe a few of you could vouch for the authenticity of my stories because it is all 100% genuine true, I tell you.

3 comments:

the back door said...

he was angelic. smiled, sat quietly, spoke clearly, ate nicely...i tell you we were waiting. i had been waiting for a month to see him in action. i so wanted to know i'm not alone in raising kids of great character and spunk, but alas, nothing but a sweet little boy.

Say Anything said...

Fortunately, or unfortunately, I can certainly vouch for several of his fiascos. I believe my favorite might be when he slapped me in Giant, while rolling like an Alligator taking down his prey - all while being completely silent. Not even candy could stop that kid. We love you "Joey"

The Gang's Momma! said...

What? Make things up or exaggerate them for a blog story? Well, I never! You don't actually DO that, do you? I know, I don't. Nope, not me . . . never. ever. . . .