Thursday, June 12, 2008

Prep Disclosure

My mom feels it's important that I let you know that my walk in the park pill prep is not standard issue. As I mentioned before, not a lot of doctors like to use the pill prep and even mine hasn't used it for other people I know...like my brother and mother. So while your doctor may use a different prep, don't let that discourage you.

If you Google 'colonoscopy preps,' a ton of different preps will appear. There are new ones and variations on old ones all the time. In fact, the nurse practitioner said that another one she likes uses Gatorade. So do a little research before you go to your appointment about the different preps available and don't be bashful about suggesting a few different ones.

Whichever prep you end of with, go back to Google and look up that prep's name. I assure you all kinds of message boards will come up with suggestions from other people about how to make the best of the one you got.

No comments: