Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Craig's List

I have known about Craig's List for quite some time, but really never checked it out. I guess the best way to describe it is as online classfieds for just about anything you can think of and anywhere you want to go. They have categories for furniture, household, autos, garage sales, vacation rentals, garden, baby & toys, and many, many more.

For no real reason, when we started looking for bedroom furniture for Sparkle, I decided to look on Craig's List for the Harrisburg area and hit the jackpot. Since then, we have sold several items on it and purchased a few more. I'm now a huge fan.

I love it because, unlike classified ads, I can see a picture of the item and pretty much decide on the spot if it is what I'm looking for. You also can e-mail back and forth with the sellers and get all the information you need to make an informed decision before you even go see the item.

We've met some great people and have never had a bad experience. Of course, use your head when you're using a service like this, but for the most part I think you'll be pleased.

If you have never visited Craig's List, today is your day.

3 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

oooooh, we love craig's list :)

Hands-Free Heart said...

Yep, we've gotten some good things from there.

Did you know that you can subscribe to a Craigslist search? I've done that several times when looking for something.

Anonymous said...

We found the townhouse we are renting in NJ on Craig's List. My hubby looked at so many homes with a realtor, but nothing that was right for us, and we hit the jackpot with a woman looking to rent out her townhouse for a year. I'm a huge fan of this site!!