Saturday, December 01, 2007

Wow

I was just over at Amazon buying some presents and noticed they have some forums/message boards. I clicked on one that asked how much everyone spends per kid at Christmas. The majority of people answered somewhere between $250-800. Per kid. One guy said he spends between $600-800 on each of his kids and $1000 on his wife.

I probably spend between $50-75 per kid.

So, two things.

1. Take my poll and let me know what you spend at Christmas. Feel free to leave a comment here if you'd like to elaborate on your answer.

2. I guess my next post on "Spend Less" is timely. I promise it is coming. Maybe even before the weekend's gone. And, maybe not.

5 comments:

Plain and Simple said...

The more kids you have the less each one gets. At least that's the way it is in my house.

Emily said...

My kids are 2 and 6 months. All they need are boxes and paper.

Hands-Free Heart said...

I think the grandparents spend more on them than we do, or at least as much... and we're in the under $50 range.

Now that Fuzzy-Wuzzy plays with all of Squiggly-Wiggly's toys anyway, the biggest item(s) will be for both of them... sharing practice at its best!

Melissa said...

I try to get 3 major gifts (representative of the 3 gifts the wise men brought Jesus) and some cheap stocking stuffers for the girls.

As they are getting older their gifts are getting more high tech, therefore more expensive. This year they are only getting 1 or 2 big ticket items and a few stocking stuffers. I got some really great deals on Black Friday so they are making out this year! I also cash in my Disney and Discover rewards points for stuff. Last year I paid $23 and got $190 worth of stuff off of the Disney Store website with free shipping.

The Husband and I try not to spend more that $25-$50 on each other so we can pour our resources into gifts for family and friends. There is a lot of those! While we don't buy extravagant gifts, we still end up spending too much, but I am fortunately blessed with several family members who give me cash as a gift and I use that to pay down the credit cards in January!

The Gang's Momma! said...

My budget is always about 50 per kid, but when The Boss takes the day off to go out with me and have a date day of shopping and lunch, he blows that budget every single time. Now that we are in a major crunch this year, I'm leaving him home!