Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I Laughed All Night Long

This comment from oH mY woRD about my Etsy obsession had me laughing all night long in my sleep:

Oh my word! I'm trying to like this site...really I am.....because I think so highly of you....BUT, the only item so far I was remotely interested in was from a seller called disturbedpenguinpoo. And, I'm sorry, but I've got to draw the line buying anything from someone with a name like that.

Gosh, I'm still laughing. But I also feel oH mY woRD has thrown down the Etsy challenge with that comment. Yes, the site is full of some unique, strange, and undesirable items but I've found more than enough beautiful and highly creative and useful items to keep me glued to its pages. I also love this site because it gives many, many moms a place to showcase their talents and to make some money doing what they love.

But since I respect oH mY woRD and I really want her to take away more from this site than just penguin poo, I'm going to start a special holiday series. All next week, I'm going to post my virtual Etsy Christmas presents for all my fellow bloggers and non-blogging readers. Yes, I will scour the pages of Etsy looking for the perfect gift for each of you so I can showcase the many reasons why I heart Etsy.

So check in next week and see what I choose for you!

4 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

Thanks for the tip - I love that site. I just wasted half of Rachael Ray's holiday show surfing Etsy! But I think it was worth it - I have some fabulous finds that may be making their way to the Gang's house for future gifts. And an fyi - it's so fun to hear of someone else's hilarity at oH mY woRD's comments. She cracks me up almost every day - in fact, I like to read her first thing in the morning, while sipping my coffee. As opposed to facing the day grousing about the never ending to do lists and thwarted plans :)

the back door said...

okay...so i love this site! i spent way too long browsing. even sometimes thinking "i can make that!" i will definitely be back soon trying to find some last minute gift needs!!!

thanks for the tip:)

Melissa said...

Oh gosh....and, I was worried my criticism of your favorite OBSESSION might hurt your feelings! Ok, not really. But, I think my anti-Etsy attitude may be in the same category as how I used to feel about Rachael Ray. She was so "trendy" and it took me awhile to warm up to her, but eventually I found a few things I liked and now I'm a huge fan. Perhaps, one day, I, too will post 427 pictures of Etsy products on my blog. Not that there is anything wrong with that...... :-)In fact, I'm thinking of a particular pink and brown flower key fob!

2 Boys' Mom said...

I'm with Melissa...I don't get the Etsy fascination.