Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Men are Stainless Steel Bowls, Women are Ziploc Baggies

I'm pleased to introduce our first guest blogger here at Like I Was Saying...Stephanie S. Stephanie used to have the blog Mirror Mirror and you were always guaranteed to receive a huge nugget of truth from her insight. I've coaxed her out of retirement to challenge us once again and she has chosen a subject I've been hearing a lot about recently: women judging women. I guess the Father is trying to tell us something!

Part 1 of 4

From the beginning of creation women have been attacked by the enemy. Satan has come after us knowing that we are an easy target as the weaker vessel (I Peter 3:7).

Now before anyone gets bent out of shape and misses the point of this post, let me explain that being the weaker vessel doesn't mean that we are less, we are just different. It is like saying that a man is a stainless steel bowl and that women are a plastic Ziploc bag. Both are used heavily in American households but they are vessels with different purposes.

The Ziploc bag does a lot that a stainless steel bowl cannot. However, by its design, the Ziploc bag is more easily punctured, melted or torn. So, too, women are designed to perform certain functions in the kingdom. However the qualities that allow us to perform those functions will also make us more vulnerable to harm.

And when it comes to harm, Satan doesn't have to do a lot to hurt women. We're pretty good about hurting each other. Women are especially notorious for cutting each other down with judgment. We judge other women on how they school their kids, if they breastfeed or not, if they stay at home full time with their kids, how they discipline their kids and what clothing they wear...amongst other things. Women may cause more discouragement than perhaps even Satan is capable of.

I wish I could say that I don't pass judgment, however, I am guilty. Actually, I am probably a big time offender.

Part 2 tomorrow

4 comments:

Melissa said...

This is a great topic....I've struggled with this and I honestly believe some of what God has allowed us to go through was to teach me a lesson about passing judgment on others.

This Journey of Mine said...

Looking forward to reading on, here! This is good....

The Gang's Momma! said...

Good Stuff . . . been brewing on this one in my own life on and off for several months now. Very good stuff.

Mrs. C said...

I love how God is stirring this in so many hearts.