Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Works-for-me-Wednesday: Fly Swatter Bubble Wand


Are you or your child tired of wrestling those itsy, bitsy bubble wands in those little bubble bottles only to get your hands covered in bubble solution and then you don't even get any decent bubbles?

I've got a cheap and simple remedy!

Use a new, clean fly swatter as a bubble wand. Put the bubble solution in a pie dish or other baking pan, slap the fly swatter in there and cover it with solution. Then let your toddler swing the swatter like a mad man. It makes MILLIONS of bubbles.

Super easy for the smallest kid to do and they love that they can make the bubbles by themselves and without having to blow.

Strawberry baskets also work the same way.


*I wish I could claim this idea was mind, but Southern Belle told me about it. However, she says she learned it from everyone's favorite purple dinosaur, Barney!


And that works for me on this hot, hot day in the northeast! Visit Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer for more ideas and tips.

5 comments:

Mrs. C said...

Awesome idea! I actually gave up on bubbles for awhile...

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

very clever idea!

Jen said...

What a great idea! I can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

I need to try this - it's just too hot where I live to even go outside right now - heat index was about 108 today!

Kelli said...

This is great. I'll have to run over to the dollar store and get a few "bubble wands".