Monday, August 13, 2007

The Prayer

At dinner tonight this was the prayer Jim said:

"Dear God,

Please help us!! We all need you in some way tonight. Brown Sugar needs you to heal her many mosquito bites that are causing her much pain; Sparkle needs a new attitude; Junior needs to stop falling down and scraping his legs; Mommy needs you to heal her aching back; and, God, I need you to heal my aching arm pits.

Amen"

Well, as soon as he said arm pits I did one of those try not to laugh snorts. After the amen he started to immediately serve the chicken and splattered hot grease all over his bare chest. Well, that was it for me and I started to laugh. Then he laughed, and then Sparkle.

So, if you think about it, please pray for our family. We're having a great time, but we do have several ailments that are being pesky...especially those aching arm pits.

4 comments:

Mrs. C said...

I'll be praying! It is not fun to be ill on vacation.

Krazy Klingers said...

I needed that this morning. I am not feeling good and that made me laugh so hard! Thank you Jim for praying out loud for your aching armpits. I will be praying for your family!

Mama Keller said...

I'll be praying.. can't wait to hear why poor Jim's armpits hurt.. but I'm sure it's not fun. Try to enjoy the rest of you vacation.

Anonymous said...

mama keller,

my armpits hurt on occassion from the extent of the workouts I've put them through. On the longer runs that I do the constant rubbing causes a rash. It subsides within a day usually but it is the perils of training for a half-marathon.