Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Final Scoop on the Poop

I wanted to respond to several comments that were left regarding the great poo debacle of '07. First, thanks for all of your sympathetic comments. That's all I was looking for...a little sympathy in my time of need. Now on to the questions:

1. Thrills and Promises Fulfilled both thought that Junior was only running around in his diaper when his poo hit the floor. Quite the contrary. Junior was completely clothed and was wearing a pair of blue shorts that actually fit him quite snug. That's the magic of these generic diapers; somehow they managed to fall off even though he was completely clothed when he came to me. Shorts still on him. And in case your wondering...the shorts went straight into the trash.

That wasn't the first time the diaper had come off when he was dressed. One time I saw him pull it through the leg of his shorts. It had become so loose that he just reached up through the leg hole and pulled it off.

I'm telling you it doesn't pay to buy generic diapers. Sell your furniture. Take a part-time job at the Jiffy Lube. Do whatever you need to do to keep buying our beloved Pampers and never let the lure of $11 extra dollars in your pocket sway you over to the dark side.

2. I liked all your ideas about going to the spa today. It was definitely a stressful week. However, Jim did take me to Carrabbas last night for dinner. We love the food there and I was feeling quite relaxed eating my Chicken Marsala and Calamari.

3. Someone asked if this was a boy thing. I have no idea. The girls never provided this much entertainment but I know there are many boys who grow up without ever drinking toilet water, dragging poop on the floor or sticking hot dogs in fans. My boy must be "unique."

4. Now I have a confession to make. Junior did not put a real hot dog in the fan. It was a play hot dog from the girls' kitchen set. Sorry...I was feeling a little dramatic at the time.

5. No one asked this question, but so I can regain the sympathy I just lost after making my hot dog confession, let me specify that Junior's poo was not of the "nugget" variety. Oh, Lord, I would've paid money for nugget variety poo. No, Junior almost always has the runny, squishy kind of poo. And when I said it sat in a glob. Think of what you see in a horse pasture.

That's my boy!

2 comments:

2 Boys' Mom said...

I think it is a boy thing. My 2 1/2 year likes to put his hands into his diaper. We are constantly telling him not to. Well today I put him down for his nap and he settled quickly....so I thought. Twenty minutes into what I thought was a nap he starts screaming "mommy help". I run upstairs thinking he is stuck in the slates of his bed or dropped a beloved stuffed toy out of the crib....but nothing so easy. He had pooped his pants and put his hands in his diaper and got it all over them. He then proceeded to try to wipe them off on his sheets, pillow, toys, clothes etc. I know it doesn't make you feel better about your newly cleaned carpet....but hey at least you know you aren't alone in the poop mishap arena. =)

Promises said...

I cannot believe that the diaper just fell off - with shorts on! That is crazy!

Glad to hear that the hot dog was a plastic one! :)