Thursday, June 07, 2007

Stop The Noise

Have you ever stopped to think of all the places advertising has crept into our lives? I wish I remember where I read it, but I saw recently that we are exposed to over 3,000 messages a day. No wonder our kids tune us out. They can't hear us through all the "noise."

Well, I was sad to see another area of our lives that has been sold out to advertisers for the all-mighty dollar: the tables in the food court at the Cap. City mall. As soon as I walked into the food court these bright and blazing Verizon ads were leaping off the table at me. They cover the surface of the entire table. AND NOW I FEEL LIKE SOMEONE IS SHOUTING AT ME AS I EAT MY TACO.

Can't a girl eat her taco in peace?

WHY DO WE ALWAYS HAVE SOMEONE SHOUTING AT US?

stop the noise

No comments: