Thursday, February 08, 2007

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night

Well, we're off. The bags are packed tight to the gills--6 in all. Not bad for having to pack stuff for 5 people and ski equipment for 4.

The kids are briefed. We've given the obedience lecture because "there will be lots of people and lots of action so when we say move, move it." The "this is what you do on an airplane and how we act on an airplane lecture." And, my favorite, if you don't follow any of the rules in the above lectures you will be beaten with wet noodles lecture.

I had originally thought that maybe we'd take our laptop and I could give you the play-by-play from the slopes. But practicality won out and we decided that lugging a laptop just so I could tell you how many times I fell down on Gun Barrell and what all the snow bunnies are wearing was a little absurd. But make no mistake, I'll be taking notes and will give a full account (with pictures) when we get back.

So, for the first time ever my blog is going to sit quiet for the next 10 days. And for the first time in many years, we won't be "wired" on a vacation. I may need to attend a 12-step program to get through the week. Or, maybe we'll find out that it's nice to be unplugged from the world every now and then. No, I'll probably need a 12-step program.

Toodles till the 18th!

1 comment:

weavermom said...

I think I would need the 12 step program for sure! Have a great time!