Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year, New Possibilities

I'm a natural planner and goal-setter by nature, so I love this time of year when we seem to have a clean slate before us. A new year with new possibilities. I wouldn't call these resolutions, but here are a few things I'd like to do better in 2007.

1. Get more rest by being in bed by 10:30 at least 3 nights per week.

2. Remember to take my vitamin every day. Maybe I should make myself a sticker chart (you parents know what I'm talking about)! I'm serious. I love it when I get a great idea.

3. Read a few of the books taking up room on my nightstand.

4. Do better at sending birthday cards and notes of encouragement.

5. Have a week's worth of meals planned by Sunday night of each week. This will take a lot of the angst out of dinner time and should save us a good chunk of change. I'm An Organizing Junkie lists her menu every Monday. I'm thinking about following suit as a way to stay accountable. Check her out for some great reasons why meal planning is worth the effort.

That's all for now. If I list more I'll just get overwhelmed and quit before I start. What about you? What things would you like to get a handle on in 2007?

No comments: