Friday, January 12, 2007

The Last Frontier

As moms, the shower is the one place that we all count on for just a wee bit of peace and quiet. For a few minutes each day we can enter our own little piece of the world and shut the door to the whining, yelling, and fighting that follows us around 24/7.

Well, it is with great sadness that I tell you my little 3x3 foot piece of heaven was invaded today. Yes, Jr figured out how to open the shower door and then proceeded to open and close it about a hundred more times. All while I was in the shower. And if letting a blast of wintery air into the shower wasn't enough to ruffle my feathers, he proceeded to take my PJs and throw them in with me. Then I guess he thought that I was having such a good time that he must also join me and so he tried to step inside my sanctuary.

I shut the door.
He opened it.
I shut the door.
He opened it.
I shut the door.
He opened it.
I shut the door.
He opened it.

And then after I finally got out of the shower and proceeded into my bedroom I saw that he took his fascination with water to my nightstand. He took the glass of water sitting there and dumped it all over the table, floor and my prized MOPS magazine that I hadn't even opened yet.

Where is he right now? In bed, pleading his case to Mr. Bear, Mr. Elephant, Miss Rabbit and Mrs. Lamb. I asked them to be judge and jury. Otherwise, I may just kill him.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I hear ya' sister!

However, I plead 'guilty' for the little guy and ask the judge and jury for leniency on his behalf... ;)

They're stinkers and turkeys, but somehow we still love them anyway, right?