Thursday, January 11, 2007

Anna & The Chocolate Factory

This story will only amuse those of you who know who Anna P. is at church. Well, I had a meeting this morning with Anna. Decided to take the kids with me---Mistake #1.

Anna's MA offered to watch the kids while I met with Anna. Well, as soon as I walked out of her office Jr. started screaming and screaming and screaming and screaming. But the MA insisted she could handle it, and I know she can because she often babysits for us. However, about 15 minutes later, I could still hear him howling so I went and got him and brought him back into the meeting with me--Mistake #2.

He let me hold him for a few minutes and then he spotted a basket of chocolate sitting on the table next to my chair. Immediately he scampered down and started bringing me Hershey's miniatures to unwrap for him. So, I obliged hoping to just keep him quiet--Mistake #3.

So, now that I'm distracted talking, I just keep unwrapping and giving Jr. the miniatures as he brings them to me. I'm guessing that somewhere around miniature #5 I happen to look at him and realize that he's not eating them he's just stuffing them in his mouth and now streams of chocolate drool are pouring out. There's chocolate all over his shirt, his hands, his face, his hair...everywhere.

I quickly pick him up and ask Anna for some tissues or a napkin or a hose. About 6 tissues later the chocolate explosion was under control, and thus the act of apologizing profusely started.
Anna quickly wrapped up the meeting, ever gracious, but I shuffled out embarrassed and vowing to never bring a kid into a meeting again.

So if you're in Anna's office and you're hankering for a piece of chocolate, check up on her bookshelf. That's where I stashed the basket. Or you can look under the chairs, I'm pretty sure we left behind some Cheerios.

1 comment:

Mrs. C said...

I can't stop laughing!!!