Thursday, December 28, 2006

Babies & Taxes

According to an article in the New York Times, in four of the years between 1997 and 2003, the day with more births than any other fell between Christmas and New Year’s Day. The article says one of the reasons for this trend is because of women wanting to benefit from the tax deduction that can be gained by having the baby born before the end of the year.

I had to chuckle reading this article because Jim had actually asked my OB if we could induce Sparkle if it looked like she might be born after Jan. 1. The doctor didn't even flinch and left the door open for the possibility. Luckily, we didn't have to resort to such craziness...Sparkle was born on the 28th.

Thanks to Marnie for forwarding this article to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is something that we kind of thought about last year, but I really did not want any major inducing. So, on January 1st, I was induced - thankfully no pitocin though (b/c I was 9 days overdue!!!) and my little boy was born in the 2nd!