Friday, August 25, 2006

Five on Friday

Five Things in my Fridge

1. Strawberries dipped in white chocolate that the girls helped me make on Sunday.

2. An opened can of Coca-Cola that's been there for a week. I'm guessing it's flat by now.

3. Yellow Doll Melon: I have no idea what to do with this melon! My friend Thrills is part of an organic food co-op at Spiral Path Farm. She is away on vacation this week and asked if I'd like to take her food that was delivered yesterday. I also received onions, lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, cucmbers, garlic, zucchini and potatoes. Does anyone know what a yellow doll melon is and what I should do with it?

4. Hummus. I first had hummus at a mediterranean restaurant at Disney World five years ago. Love it!

5. YoBaby Fruit & Cereal Yogurt (Mixed Berry). According to their Web site, "It’s made with milk from cows that were fed organic feed and have not been treated with antibiotics or artificial growth hormones. And, all of the fruits and grains in our products were grown without the use of toxic and persistent chemical pesticides and fertilizers." That's just a fancy way of saying it's good for you. More importantly, Jr. loves it.

tag: Fun

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also get veggies and some fruit from that farm - and love it! The yellow doll melon is basically a watermelon that has yellow flesh - it is sweet and very tasty. Just eat it like a regular watermelon. We had ours yesterday...delicious!

Natalie said...

Thanks JB for the melon advice! Jr. loves watermelon so I'm sure this will be a great breakfast treat in the morning.

Good talking with you tonight!

Unknown said...

I LOVE Hummus! Yummo!