Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Great Children's Movies

We took our two girls to see the movie Cars. It was the first movie they've ever seen in a movie theater. They hated it. The movie itself is really good and the animation is incredible. But it is a "boy movie" as they both told us over and over as we left the theater. Oh well, the plan looked good on paper!

But that got me thinking. What are some really great children's movies for kids five and older? Here are a few of our favorites:

Anne of Green Gables
Beauty & the Beast
The Black Stallion
Mary Poppins
Pollyanna
Prince of Egypt
Toy Story

Help me out here! What are your family's favorite movies?

tag: Media

5 comments:

This Journey of Mine said...

I am so disappointed to hear that the girls didn't like the movie, Cars.
Elijah loved it. Of course... he is a boy!

Maybe when your youngest gets a little older, you will have the pleasure of "boy" movies!

BTW - I loved the newer addition of Little Women, then again it is one of my favorite books!

Anonymous said...

I've always loved The Parent Trap - both the original and the new one. Nice blog Nat!
Marnie

Unknown said...

Hi--came over from WFMW, so I saw this post and wanted to comment. I like all the early Pixar movies--Monsters Inc, Toy Story 2 as well ( actually more girly because of Jessie), Bug's Life, Nemo. Dd7 just saw Wizard of Oz for the first time and loved it, though some find it scary. We also watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang earlier this year. If they like Mary Poppins, they will like that, too.

Overwhelmed! said...

We took our 18 month old son to see Cars, it was his first movie outting, and he really liked it! He sat spellbound for the 1st hour, then started getting wiggly for the next hour, but he did really good!

Other children movie ideas, Chronicals of Narnia, Ice Age, & Bambi.

T.S. Eliot said...

I lovelovelove Anne of Green Gables. One of my "to see before I die" is Prince Edwards Island because of that movie.