Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Works-for-me-Wednesday: On-Line Shopping

For this week's Works-for-me-Wednesday, we are to share our favorite place to shop online. My old standards are half.com, Snapfish.com, Amazon.com, Overstock.com and even WalMart.com.

Of course, all my regular readers know that Etsy is a new favorite. I love Etsy so much that I devoted 14 posts to it in December. Seriously, you can't go wrong on Etsy for unique, one on a kind, handmade items at great prices. Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself.

But I've got a new place for y'all. I written several times how my family loves popcorn. You could even call us popcorn snobs. We usually buy our popcorn when we are back visiting in Indiana from a little Amish store on the Crooked Road to Delphi. We've been known to come back with a 50 pound bag.

However, I wanted to buy some special varieties for my brother for Christmas and didn't have the luxary of hopping on a jet and heading back to the Hoosier state to make the purchase. So I bought my popcorn online from another Hoosier favorite, Yoder Popcorn. They are an Amish run business that began in 1936.

What we really like is their red, purple or sunburst popcorn! No plain white or yellow popcorn for my family. And their Tiny Tenders are hands down the best. In fact, get the red tiny tenders and you'll become a popcorn snob too. You can also purchase popcorn salts, oils, poppers and a large selection of gift baskets.

The best part is the prices. You can buy a six pound bag for $9.75, a four pound bag for $5.85 and a one pound bag for $1.60. For the best value, buy a larger bag. You can store it in the freezer and it will keep for a long time.

And that works for me on this rainy Wednesday...Yoder Popcorn!! Visit Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer for hundreds of other suggestions.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Sounds yummy! I may have to check this out (despite the whole "Etsy ordeal").