Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Call to Prayer

What do you do to celebrate the New Year? Get together with family and or friends? Stay up much later than usual to watch the ball drop? Do you make resolutions and/or keep them?

You may do one or more of the above or you may do nothing. I like to reevaluate the year that we have completed and contemplate what the future holds. I don't necessarily make resolutions. Rather, I prefer to seek God and inquire what changes would benefit me and my family. Does that sound super spiritual to you? Really...it isn't. It's my life. Real life. That doesn't mean that I am able to seclude myself for a large part of January and just rest in His presence. Sounds lovely. Picture that for a moment...back to reality...I am a mom and wife and there are a lot of responsibilities that are mine on a daily basis. Responsibilities that He has blessed me with.

How is this (time with God) accomplished? I rest in the knowledge that He knows where I am at and meets me in that place. I take comfort in the fact that no matter what I am doing, I can talk to Him. There is no other relationship I have that is like this. It's special. And the best part is, no matter what I am doing, I can listen to Him. Conversing with God = prayer. Prayer in my life will not always look like this but in this season - for this period of time - it largely does.

This month at MIA, Sue Eichelberger will be joining us. She is a seasoned mom - one who has faced many storms and challenges. If you live locally, be sure to join us as she shares how she has learned to balance her call to prayer and intercession with the responsibilities of family.

1 comment:

The Gang's Momma! said...

Good post! I just posted some similar thoughts on the 31st over at my blog - some stuff stirring in me that I prefer to have HIS leading in. When I try to resolve things in my own strength or will, I usually fail!

Wish I could be there - it sounds like a great start to the new year!