Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I Think We're Back Together

Last week I posted an open letter to Wal-Mart about my frustrating shopping experience at their store one night. Several of you suggested I really send it to Wal-Mart.

I did.

This morning Dave, the new front end manager of that Wal-Mart, called me to further inquire about my experience. I sent the letter via e-mail and their system only registered the first 500 characters and my letter was, well, more than 500 characters so he didn't get to read the last three paragraphs which were sort of the meat of the problem.

So I filled Dave in and he assured me that he is aware of their staffing issues and it is his top priority to fix it. He also said the store manager has only been there a few months and they are both working to put the store back at the top of its game. Something about coddled employees not wanting to work evening or weekend shifts and THAT IS GOING TO CHANGE under Dave's watch.

Then he said if I had any other concerns, I could call him any time. Just ask for Dave.

So, thank you Wal-Mart, for extending the type of customer service that I know you are capable of providing. I'm looking forward to seeing you again soon.

I knew I couldn't stay mad at you forever...

1 comment:

The Gang's Momma! said...

I'm so happy for you. Are you getting together for a late night rendezvous soon? I'll bet the first new date night will be better than ever - Make up dates are the best! :)