Thursday, May 22, 2008

An Idol is Crowned

All I can say is WOW! After watching Tuesday night's final performances, I really thought David Archuleta was going to walk away with the title. I think even David Cook was surprised when his name was read as the next American Idol. But he deserves it. Although I actually became a little bit of an Archuleta fan Tuesday night after hearing his unbelievable performances, I've always thought David Cook should win.

As always, Idol dragged out the annoucement for two hours but at least they kept us on our toes with the menagerie of stars that paraded out.

  1. 1. I was reminded several times why Amanda Overmyer went home early.
  2. 2. I was also reminded Carly went home way too early. She was fantastic...despite that larger than life tat that she can't keep under wraps.
  3. 3. I really thought Syesha was fantastic last night. She held her own with Seal and outshined the other ladies many times over. She had so much more confidence than those that had gone out earlier.
  4. 4. I love Carrie Underwood. I think I may have to turn country.
  5. 5. I'm not sure which was the absolute low point in the show: the guru Pitka nonsense or the guy dressed in white and feathers with the USC band.
  6. 6. Ryan on the magic carpet? C'mon producers.
  7. 7. Enjoyed Donna Summer with the girls.
  8. 8. Really enjoyed Brooke with Nash.
  9. 9. Loved how the cameras tried to show celebrities in the audience only it was so dark that you couldn't really see who it was.
  10. 10. Did anyone else's jaw drop when they announced Cook and ZZ Top? Loved it!
  11. 11. Did anyone else catch the Risky Business GuitarHero commercials? Thumbs up: Cook. Awkward and painful: Archuleta.
  12. 12. I'm a Jordin Sparks fan but I wasn't impressed with her performance.
  13. 13. Has anyone else noticed that they never show candid shots of Randy, only Paula and mostly Simon?
  14. 14. Thought Simon showed great class by apologizing for his curt remarks the night before. I was afraid he had sealed Cook's fate.
  15. 15. Did anyone else notice that the only celebrity that Simon gave a standing ovation to was his fellow Brit, George Michael?
  16. 16. I liked the performance Archuleta did with the guy at the piano. Can't remember the name of the group.
  17. 17. As always, Idol put on a great finale.
  18. 18. Praise God for DVR's because I feel so sorry for those of you who had to suffer through about an hour's worth of commercials.

One other note: Did anyone think on Tuesday night that maybe Cook was trying to NOT win. Many have said that sometimes it's better if you don't win because you can retain more control over your career. He was guaranteed a record deal either way. Just a thought.

3 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

"I think I may have to turn country."
ROFL! (I had to send the kids to bed when CU sang - that song's a bad girl song!)

Perfect summary - agree with just about everything. Except you FORGOT Bryan Adams.

My joy last evening was uncontainable. I really have to get a DVR tho - I was so excited and hyper that I couldn't fall asleep, even after CSI and the news. Darned extrovert that I am.

Natalie said...

Yes, Bryan Adams was great. I loved at the 80s songs that were thrown in last night.

And, I'll admit, I like bad girl songs :) I also like her other song when she's keying the guy's car.

The Gang's Momma! said...

I love me some bad girl music too :0 I just don't want my daughter to love it yet :)

I know I gotta get a life.