Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Book Fair

The book fair that consumed my every waking moment last week went off without a hitch---okay, maybe one or two hitches but nothing major---and we made some money for the school. I also got to log 31 volunteer hours---enough to fulfill my service hours for the next year and a half. I especially enjoyed getting to meet a lot of other families and put some faces with names.




My one major "ahhhhhhhhhh" moment was when I had to come up with an accounting solution to a billing issue. For those of you who don't know me, math is not my strong point. Numbers scare me. Accounting may as well be a foreign language. But I came up with a viable solution on my own and had my two favorite real accountants 'amen' the idea.



Will I do it next year? On two weeks notice? No.



With the proper planning? Maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you. I did the book fair a few years back with 3 weeks notice. Not fun! But I did it and survived, and the school made a lot of money. Congrats to you on a job well done - the fair setup looked awesome in the photos.