Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Works-for-me-Wednesday: Best Parenting Advice


This is actually a really hard topic. There are so many different ways you could answer this question. However, I think the one piece of advice that I've thought back on most comes from my BFF.

I've always heard her say that you are the perfect parent for the kid/kids you have. God hand-picked these children for you because you have the personality, giftings, temperament, and resources that will best shape and mold these children to reach their full potential and destiny in Christ.

Think about that!

God has already equipped you with everything you need to be the best parent. You don't need to be more crafty or more playful or more scheduled like the moms across the street. You need to be who God created You to be---so your kids can be who God created them to be

For more Works-for-me-Wednesday tips, go to Rocks in My Dryer.

3 comments:

2 Boys' Mom said...

Thank you. That was something I needed to hear.

Melissa said...

Well said!

I have been encouraged with that comment through the years during times when I felt sorry for my kids 'cause I am their mom!!

Anonymous said...

Well said. Blessings on you...