Thursday, July 26, 2007

How True, How True

BIRTH ORDER OF CHILDREN

Worries:
1st baby: At the first sign of distress--a whimper, a frown--you pick up the baby.
2nd baby: You pick the baby up when her wails threaten to wake your firstborn.
3rd baby: You teach your three-year-old how to rewind the mechanical swing.

Pacifier:
1st baby: If the pacifier falls on the floor, you put it away until you can go home and wash and boil it.
2nd baby: When the pacifier falls on the floor, you squirt it off with some juice from the baby's bottle.
3rd baby: You wipe it off on your shirt and pop it back in.

At Home:
1st baby: You spend a good bit of every day just gazing at the baby.
2nd baby: You spend a bit of everyday watching to be sure your older child isn't squeezing, poking, or hitting the baby.
3rd baby: You spend a little bit of every day hiding from the children.

3 comments:

2 Boys' Mom said...

Definitely "how true"!

Emily said...

I'm only at #2, but so far, so true.

Melissa said...

Yes, I am guilty of hiding from my children.

The problem is that they are really good at finding me.....

The other major difference is with #1 I was signed up at Gymboree when she was 6 weeks old and by the time I got to #3 I made fun of the parents who took their kids to Gymboree!