Sunday, February 04, 2007

Checking My List and Hoping Not to Pack it Twice

The countdown has started for our family vacation to Colorado. We leave Thursday afternoon for Baltimore and fly out Friday morning.

In the category of "Praise God," "Hallelujah," and "God Answers Prayer," my mom has graciously decided to come with us. So now we will have an extra set of hands and eyes and she will be able to watch the kids when we're skiing. She is looking forward to watching the snow fall and we are grateful that we don't have to shuttle the kids to and fro, here and there for childcare at the mountain.

We've started packing and already I'm wondering how we're going to fit it all into our allotted number of bags. But we do have a washer and dryer in our condo, so I figure we'll just take a couple of days clothes and wash them frequently. My motto has always been, "If we forgot it, we'll buy it," and I think that will hold on this trip since I know there is a Wal-Mart close by.

Whoops, gotta go. The Colts are playing soon!!

1 comment:

weavermom said...

Ooohh- you lucky dog, you. I LIVE in Colorado and have only gotten to ski WITH dh once in the last 6 years!

They were handing out dark chocolate altoids at our Walmart yesterday. I had never heard of them before reading your post about them, so I thought of you! They are very yummy. Maybe this means they will start to be a little easier to find?