Sunday, December 31, 2006

Clean Sweep

I always get the urge to start purging, organizing, and cleaning at the start of a new year. I guess everyone else does too by the looks of all the ads for containers and storage items that were in the paper today.

So last night I got the urge to purge and organize our pantry and the surrounding kitchen cabinets. For me, December is a great month for just tossing things into cabinets that I'm not sure what to do with it or where to put it.

For instance, I had removed a small flower arrangement from the bathroom so I could put some snowmen in there. However, I guess I wasn't sure what to do with the flower arrangement and decided to put it in the cabinet with the good dishes.

Here's some other things I found as I cleaned out the pantry: a toddler sock, a gingerbread house kit (not completed) that is at least 2 years old, 3 bags of sugar (5 pounds each), 49 bags of Ramen Noodles, Christmas candy from last year, magnets, empty cereal boxes, several food items waaaaayyyyyy past their expiration mark and a bevy of paper plates and plastic silverware scattered throughout.

Overall it wasn't too bad and I was happy to see that I already had an extra box of oatmeal so know I don't need to buy any. For that matter, I guess I won't need to buy any sugar or Ramen Noodles for some time...that's really strange, I thought for sure we were out of them.

No comments: