Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Works-for-me-Wednesday: Gift Spreadsheet


For Christmas, I created an Excel spreadsheet that I use to keep track of what gifts I'm buying for whom, how much I spent on each item, if I have bought it yet and what store I bought it at.

This spreadsheet has been great for keeping me within my holiday budget. As I plug in actual costs, it automatically adds up what I've spent on each person and in total.

I also use it to keep track of all my gift ideas so they are all in one place and not spread all over the place on post-it notes.

And that works for me! If you have more great tips and ideas, head over to Rocks in My Dryer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is a great idea, I need to do this for sure! I guess I can still start as I really only have a few gifts I've bought so far....

Lisa

Lady Why said...

What a great idea!! I need help staying on budget all the time... but, especially at Christmas! Thanks for sharing it!!

The Bass Player's Wife said...

I love this. My husband laughs at my spreadsheet tendencies, but he isn't laughing come the last week when I have everything under control.

This year I am using google documents, so I can update anywhere.

Rae said...

Great idea!

Anonymous said...

I've done this for several years. Very helpful to refer back to in future years. Only I've been too busy to start one this year - time to get with it!

And "hi" from another PA blogger!