Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Thrills of Being a New Mom

Do you have a friend that you never know quite what they're thinking? Well, that's my friend Thrills. I've known her for nearly 8 years and she has always been a little quiet. Okay, very quiet. You know, the person who sits and just smiles as you talknonstopwithouttakingabreath because youcanandbecauseshe'scontentwithlettingyou.

I've always known that her waters ran deep, but it's on a rare occasion that she lets her guard down. Well, a few weeks ago Thrills started blogging. I hurried right over and got a treat. It's like she unzipped her soul and invited you in for a cup of unguarded tea. Her vulnerability dropped my jaw to the floor. It's like meeting my friend all over again.

If you are a new mom, or just enjoy good writing, then you need to check out Thrills. She has a heart of gold, a baby girl that's sweet as spice, and a pen that's digging deep.

No comments: