Thursday, August 17, 2006

If I Am

If I am the president of the PTA, and the ultimate carpooling soccer mom but don't have time for my children, I am just a noisy, buzzing bee. If I am the CEO of a huge corporation and trade millions of dollars on the stock market daily, but don't love my children, I am nothing. If I burnout at church, going every time the doors are open and serving on every available committee, but my children don't really know Jesus, I gain nothing.

Parents are patient, parents are kind. Parents don't envy or boast. Parents aren't rude, self-seeking or easily angered. Parents keep no record of wrongs. Parents rejoice in the truth. Parents always protect, always hope, always persevere.

You can teach many things to your children, but three things will remain. Faith, hope and love.

1 Corinthians 13 (heavily paraphrased version)

tag: Motherhood

1 comment:

This Journey of Mine said...

I liked this one.... so appropriate!